Mutton Do Pyaza or Mushroom Do Pyaza or it could be chicken Do Pyaza all taste yum-yum and some may don’t like it at all because the basic concept is adding lots of onion and it may turn your dish little sweeter and we balance the taste with adding lots of green chilies. ;)
If you are interested to know, why it has named as Do Pyaza here I will tell you “two” in Hindi language is call “DO” and Onion is “Pyaza/Pyaaz”.
|Onion (medium size)||1/2 kg|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 inch|
|Cumin seeds||3/4 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||2 tbsp|
- Heat the Oil in a pressure cooker and fry sliced onion till it gets translucent.
- Add spices and let them splutter for second.
- Add washed & strained Mutton/Beef with ginger, garlic, and salt saute it for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomato,green chillies,red chillies turmeric, cook it until raw smell evaporates or oil start separating.
- Add 1-cup water and close the lid. Cook it until meats get tender or maximum 12 minutes on medium flame.
- After opening the lid check if there is too much water, let it simmer for 3minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it wheat flour chapati and Salad.
- RS Notes :-)
- Refrigerator stored meat becomes hard and takes more time to cook.
- Fresh mutton gets soften faster (one whistle on medium flame)than beef.